Happy 2018!

Happy New Year and Hello 2018!
I love the beginning of a new year. It's a fresh start, a clean slate, and a new adventure. There is something about January 1st every year that really invigorates me and I always get motivated and excited to make that year the best one yet. Any day is a chance to set goals and to create a better version of yourself, but for me New Year's Day means making list of goals and resolutions to challenge myself to improve within that year.
Last year one of my main goals and challenges was to be more outspoken and opinionated. I realized that I was surrounded by people that let their voices be heard and they spoke up for things they believed in. They really inspired me to make that a goal for myself in 2017.  I can happily say that I did indeed accomplish this goal. There is still room for improvement (as always) but I can definitely recall a few times within this past year that I voiced my opinion when I felt that what I was saying would make a difference.
My main goal for this year is to be more confident. Confidence in what I do, confidence in what I say and just being confident in my own unique body.
One of my other resolutions in 2018 is to grow in my spirituality. To be completely honest, I have done a real lousy job in that aspect of my life recently. This is one thing that is important to me but, unfortunately, I have let it get pushed down to the bottom of my priorities. I know I can do better and that's why I want to change that and make more time this year to grow in my faith.
If you don't already make resolutions for yourself in the new year, I challenge you to do so. It always helps me improve different parts of my life to ultimately become a better version of myself. Plus, going back to that piece of paper that I wrote all my goals on after the year is over and seeing that I  completed even one of those resolutions is so rewarding!
So here's to accomplishing goals and challenging yourself in 2018! I hope it brings you the best!!

Comments

Popular Posts