Something Old, Something New

I'm not a big fan of change so trying new things is sometimes hard for me. I think it is good to experience new things though because it really helps you grow outside of the comfortable bubble that you are used to. So I took my own advice. I have started reading books for pleasure again (something old) and started listening to podcasts (something new).
I say that I'm reading books for pleasure "again" because when I was younger I used to love to pick out a new book from the library and read it cover to cover. Being in college I feel as if I don't really have that extra time to read for fun, nor do I really want to, if I'm being honest. But the other day I picked up my "Girl Code" book that has been collecting dust since I bought it and read for pleasure and it was quite nice and relaxing. (https://www.amazon.com/Girl-Code-Unlocking-Happiness-Entrepreneur/dp/0692492607)
Now for the podcasts, this is something completely different for me. I have never listened to one in my life. Whenever I get into my car the first thing I do is turn on my music. But I recently have been hopping in my car and playing a podcast. I have really been enjoying it too. It is a refreshing change. I feel motivated after listening and want to do more with my day and be productive. The podcast I have been listening to is called "Style Your Mind" by Cara Alwill Leyba. (http://styleyourmind.libsyn.com)
Cara is a life coach, has written 6 books, has weekly podcasts, and has created a brand for herself through her blog called "The Champagne Diet." I first found out about her from one of her books I just started reading called "Girl Code." I am only 2 chapters in and already feel inspired and motivated. This book is all about empowering other women and creating a successful and happy life for yourself. I can't wait to continue reading it!

I challenge you to try something new!! Or do something you haven't done in a while that used to bring you lots of joy! This time of year is the perfect time to do so! 


Comments

Popular Posts