Healthy Grocery Haul



Recently I have been getting into "healthier" eating habits. I say "healthier" because as you can see in the picture above, I still buy myself ice cream and treats, but I try to go for the ones that are a bit better for you. This is what I typically buy at the grocery store every week for my college lifestyle. 

Frozen Section: First things first, the ice cream! If you have never tried Halo Top ice cream, you must. They advertise it as a healthier ice cream. A whole pint is less than 400 calories, so if I accidentally eat the whole thing while watching Netflix, I don't feel too guilty. Then, I bought lightly salted edamame beans. These are a great snack if you are craving something salty but want to eat something better for you then chips. I also buy frozen veggies because they are already precut so it makes my life easier because I can just throw them into whatever meal I'm making. Lastly for the frozen goods are Red's frozen burritos. I like this brand the best because they claim to be healthier and organic.  Frozen burritos are perfect if you have little time to spare or you just don't want to cook. You just pop it in the microwave and you're done!

Dry Goods: I buy rice almost every week because it so easy to make. These Minute rice bowls are delicious! I like the brown rice and the quinoa ones. You put them in the microwave of one minute (hence the name) and your rice is made. I also bought black beans and chick peas to add into my rice bowls for dinner. Next is salsa!! I buy salsa every week. Chips and salsa is one of my favorite snacks to eat, hands down. Lastly, are Larabars. I have been buying these for at least a year now and I love them! The peanut butter chocolate chip one is my favorite because you get some protein from the peanuts and some sweetness from the chocolate. 

Cold Items: Almond milk is a staple for me because I use it in my oatmeal every morning. I also love coconut milk yogurts. They are a great and healthy snack. The Sargento snack packs with cheese, nuts and dried fruit are perfect for on-the-go. They have so many flavors ad I buy these every week. I also have been buying chicken tenders the last couple of weeks. I cook them in the oven with some seasoning and use them in my rice bowls. Hidden under the chicken is some oven roasted turkey lunch meat. Lastly, is hummus. I love dipping carrots in my hummus. It's a excellent healthy snack.

Produce: As for produce, I buy an avocado almost every week. They have healthy fats in them and are great to use as a replacement for mayonnaise! I buy a bunch of bananas every week to eat with my oatmeal. I also have raspberries to put on my oatmeal. And lastly, I have some carrot sticks to dip in my hummus.

This is a typical grocery trip for me. I hope you got some new ideas for healthy foods you should try!




Comments

Popular Posts